- American Bar Association: The ABA has access to expert opinions, quality research and objective, high-quality reports – information that you can trust. Plus, the ABA offers a national platform to exchange ideas, discuss ethics, and explore important legal issues.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA): “The primary goal of ABOTA is to provide education concerning the history and value of the right to trial by jury.”
- California State Bar Association: Search by State Bar Number to obtain membership status of any attorney licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- State of California: California state government website.
- Business Service Center: Secretary of State webpage allowing, among many other things, searches of the corporate, limited liability company, and limited partnership databases.
- California Courts: Opinions, forms, rules, courts.
- Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program: The State Bar’s Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program is an informal, confidential and lower cost forum for resolving fee disputes between lawyers and their clients. This kind of arbitration is required for a lawyer if requested by a client. NOTE: BCBA does not have a local fee arbitration program. Please contact the State Bar of California.
- Attorney Search
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet: “In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, a service of the Library of Congress.” A collection of current congressional activities along with historical documents, including The Constitution of the United States, The Bill of Rights, and The Declaration of Independence.
- Chico Chamber of Commerce: A source for Chamber of Commerce information, community affairs, and local events.
- Butte County Association of Governments: A website maintained by the Butte County Association of Governments , including Butte County and the cities of Biggs, Chico, Gridley, Oroville and the Town of Paradise.
- Butte County Clerk-Recorder-Elections: Including both the Clerk-Recorder and the Elections Department for Butte County. Includes election night results, general voter data, and information regarding recordings, marriage licenses, fictitious
- Complaint Against an Attorney: Attorneys who practice law in California must adhere to ethical standards. Consumers should expect their attorneys to be both professional and ethical when handling their legal problems.
- Complaints & Claims: Attorneys licensed by the State Bar of California take an oath to abide by laws aimed at protecting consumers from unethical lawyers. But sometimes attorneys don’t act in the best interests of their clients. Call the State Bar’s multilingual intake hotline (800-843-9053) for help.